Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Job Well Done

In March of 2006 I became a homemaker, and in September of 2006 I became a stay-at-home mom. In all of that time, I have never - not once - felt like I was doing a good job. Sure, I enjoy what I do. Sure, I occasionally get one or two areas of life on track.

But I have never felt like I was living up to my "contract." There are many excuses I could make - depression, sleep-deprivation, health problems - but those things are just parts of life that I need to cope with right now. I need to push past the problems and get things done.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 2:23-24

Here are some specific areas I'll be working on this year:

1. Personal study and prayer time
2. Be a more supportive & loving wife
3. Interact more with my children
4. Less computer time
5. Daily exercise
6. Start healthy eating habits
7. Keep a cleaner house

I see 2010 as full of possibility and hope. I want to focus on my job this year, and start living for someone other than myself. I hope that you will be able to see evidence of growth and change in my blog throughout the year.

Please pray for me, that I will have His strength and peace as I try to get things right. And please stop by and encourage me whenever you can - I could use the support!

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I need to do a WAY better job of keeping the house clean and I don't even have children.

Nichole said...

I need to do *all* of those things, too!

Amy said...

Yup, Nichole is right. Aside from #3...that could totally be my list. :)

Allie said...

Happy New Year! I think the mindful parenting standard you hold yourself to is the most wonderful gift you can give your children. :) They are very lucky kids!

carrie said...

I am making some of these same changes, too!