Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Friday, August 10, 2007

Crock-Pot Chili

I've never been a big fan of chili. I have wimpy tastebuds, and spicy foods are not my favorite. This recipe - from my husband's Grandma - is wonderful. The first time I had it, I went back for seconds, something I have never done with chili. It can be made on a stovetop, but I like making it in the Crock-Pot. I have a big Crock-Pot, so tripling the recipe works perfectly.

Crock-Pot Chili
1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 can chopped stewed tomatoes (with juice)
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 Tbsp chili powder

Brown ground beef & onion in a skillet, and place in Crock-Pot. Add all other ingredients and stir. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.

Great with cornbread!

No comments: