Let me start over:
Hello, Monday! What a bright, sunshiny morning! I have many things to accomplish, and a fresh new week in which to begin. Though I'm tired, Wendy's ailing, and we're a bit behind, we can make it through. With prayer, God's grace, and a little gumption, we may be able to implement the new household schedule!
When I said I was behind...seriously, I'm way behind. Of my five things listed last week, only 1/2 of one got done. Yikes. I'm going to re-state a few of last week's goals, and adopt them for this week:
1. Resume daily Bible study. I'll be starting an online study called Believing God, by Beth Moore. It's offered through LifeWay Christian Resources, and I think it'll be really good!
2. Clean out microwave, refrigerator, oven. Yuck. Must be done, or the mutated life forms that emerge might take over our house.
3. Hang dining room valance.
4. Put all laundry away! I have three laundry baskets full of clean, folded clothes. Why can I never just get them put away right after I fold them?!
5. Sort Wendy's clothes. I really need to see what she's got in terms of spring/summer for this year, and for fall/winter next year. I like to shop the end-of-season clearance sales.
Our menu for the next two weeks is going to be bare-bones kind of cooking. We're trying to get our food budget to a workable level, and the last half of the month is always more difficult.
You may notice that every Thursday night we go over to my parents' house. That's because Thursday night Survivor and Lost are on. We're big fans, but our TV is dying, and it's getting pretty fuzzy. If you watch Lost, you can imagine that watching it on a fuzzy TV is less than wonderful. My parents are also fans, so we head over there for dinner and a night of stranded-on-a-deserted-island television.
Monday - Oven-fried chicken, green beans, brown rice
Tuesday - Spaghetti
Wedneday - Pork chops, peas, mashed potatoes
Thursday - dinner at Mom & Dad's - to be determined
Friday - Smoked sausage, mac & cheese, broccoli, applesauce (one of James's favorite meals)
Saturday - Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
Sunday - leftovers