Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today


Today has been a great day! Before I get into that, here are some more kitten pictures:

I don't normally post pictures that are this blurry, but look at the sweet little faces! That's Glenda on top, Mickey on the bottom. They're both laying on Bailey, who was blissfully snoozing.








Here's how they normally sleep - a pile of multicolored fur. Everyone was laying across Bailey, who didn't seem to mind at all.











This morning I got up early (even though I hadn't slept well) and did my Bible study before Wendy woke up. After breakfast, I put Wendy in her room (which is off the living room) and put up the baby gate in her doorway. That's key to all the progress I was able to get done!

I don't have any before pictures, but imagine what our living room looked like, covered in toys, laundry waiting to be put away, and random Cheerios & Goldfish.

Here's an after picture - everything has been cleaned, straightened, dusted, vacuumed, and polished - and it actually looks like grownups live here!!






See how nice things look when they're clean? I'll have to remember it, as motivation to keep up with the housework.

Also - see that hook on the wall behind the rocking chair? What should I put there?














Look! Toys! In a basket! Not all over the floor! What a concept! (Ignore the sweet tea in the Shakespeare's cup on top of the TV - a Momma's gotta have her sustenance.)

It looks so nice. Notice the baby gate is still up in this picture - I wanted to take the photo before unleashing my little whirlwind back into the mix.

She did very well, playing in her room & listening to music while I cleaned. I've got to remember that she's perfectly OK playing on her own for awhile if I need to get something done. She can't be trusted to have free run of the house (she was trying to open the front door last night!) but her room is Wendy-proof and mostly safe.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Looks great! And I'm glad you discovered she can play by herself!

(for any doors you don't want her going into or out of, you could use those childproof doorknob holders -- thankfully our front and back door are too hard for Chase to open, but we keep these things on the laundry room door)

Unknown said...

I remember many of those kitten furr piles from my childhood. We had a very popular *ahem* momma kitty.

It's great for the kiddos to learn to play independently. My little one can go about 20 minutes, which is enough time to do dishes or get a shower.

Amy said...

Do you ever look at www.dailykitten.com? I'll warn you, it's very addicting.

Elizabeth Giger said...

Your house is beautiful!! I'm very envious about the fireplace. :)

Jill said...

Nice job on cleaning the living room. I am inspired to do the same.