Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Happenings

If you've noticed my intermittent posting over the last several weeks, then you have too much time on your hands here's the explanation: internet/network/router/connectivity problems. After James made several calls to Comcast (and was treated rather rudely) we finally got someone out to look at our cable situation. The poor kid ended up crawling under our house to replace the cable that goes from the box to the inside. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I guess it's in his job description. For now, we have service. We'll see how reliable it is.

In other news, my official birthday has come and gone, and I'm okay with that. We had a good time, ate lots of chocolate cake, and James surprised me with a stereo speaker thingie for the iPod he got me for Mother's Day. It works well, and the wee thing is portable enough that it keeps moving around the house, and even traveled to my parents' house yesterday, so that we could have some tunes while we were getting sunburned & bug-bitten outside.

At my parents' house, my brother set up a bocce ball tournament, which was quite fun. I'm not at all gifted in the athletic things that require grace, speed, or (goodness sakes) endurance, but I can aim things. I don't know what kind of talent that is. Anyway, I came in second, and my brother came in first. I think I would've won if he wouldn't have chucked the point ball so far, but that's how he rolls. Besides, he gets all insecure when his little sister beats him at something. And he doesn't read my blog, so I can totally say that and have no repercussions.

So, basically, business as usual has been happening at the Allen Family Circus. Laundry is done, put in a basket, and moved from site to site without ever actually being folded or put away. Cheerios are distributed with abandon by the youngest member of the circus. Too many cats continue to live here.

The only new and/or interesting thing to tell you is that I've kept my kitchen clean for almost a week. As in, CLEAN. Whenever you choose to walk into the kitchen, it is clean. At all times. That has never happened in my life. I think I like it. I'm going to try to make it a habit. We'll see.

No comments: