I'll get some real writing done sometime. For now, let me give you the highlights:
- David is now just over 3 weeks old, and growing & developing very well!
- We had to switch to formula - just couldn't get breastfeeding to work for us. It makes me sad, but I'm no less his mother just because I'm not physically making the milk he drinks.
- I had to take him to the doctor yesterday for a slight procedure on his umbilical stump. Basically, instead of just falling off, the thing was decomposing in place. GROSS. He smelled like a dead mouse. It took the doctor about 5 minutes to make him all better - it was TOTALLY worth a 45-minute drive and a $20 copay.
- I'm still trying to figure out the best way to juggle a very active 2 1/2 year old and a newborn who needs fed/changed/held/rocked/etc. much of the day. It's getting a little easier.
- I think I've figured out my Moby Wrap for wearing David, and I think it'll be key in helping me to get stuff done.