Twitter Pinterest Instagram Facebook RSS BlogLovin' Peace & Carrots Peace & Carrots Home About Me Contact Me Homeschooling Books Recipes Image Map

Thursday, January 14, 2010

TILT: Boon Spoon!

Not long ago, I was browsing baby gadgets and gizmos on Target's website. I don't remember what I was searching for, but I came across this Boon Squirt spoon and decided to give it a try:

Wow. Just...wow. This thing is fantastic! You just fill it up with baby food, snap the cap on, and you're ready to go! I use it if we're going to be away from home at one of David's mealtimes. The plastic bulb can hold about 3/4 of a cup, or 1 1/2 tubs of 2nd Foods.

One of the best things about this spoon is that you can use it one-handed. Today at lunchtime, I was able to feed David his bananas while simultaneously eating pizza. (We'll discuss our lopsided nutrition habits another time!)

There are only two drawbacks I can think of with this spoon. First, you do still have to USE a spoon to transfer baby food from the jar to this thing - for me, that's not a big deal. And second, there will be a little bit of food left in the spoon that you just can't get out. Again, not a big deal. I might use the spoon more at home if it was easier to fill, but it's great for on-the-go.

For more recommendations, see Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries!

2 comments:

Christine Satterfield said...

Very interesting! I've never heard of that before but I might just have to be on the lookout for one now. Great info!

thediaperdiaries said...

Brilliant. Don't you just love Boon. Everything I see of theirs is fantastic. Will definitely be getting this when it comes time to feed the little man.